The Authority instituted the Sandbox Review Committee (SRC) in March 2019 to operationalize the Regulatory Sandbox in Kenya’s Capital Markets.
The primary mandate of the Committee is:
- To undertake the review of applications for admission into the CMA regulatory sandbox.
- To monitor the implementation of test plans and the transition process after the firms exit the sandbox.
- To serve as a channel for information sharing, both internally and externally.
- To review and inform policy and legislative amendments relating to the products or service innovations arising from the sandbox.
- To provide tailored regulatory support and technical advice when required to the regulatory sandbox participants.
- To provide feedback on enquiries made by potential regulatory sandbox participants and admitted participants.
- To work with innovators to build appropriate consumer protection safeguards into new products and services.